Can I take money from my traditional or Roth IRA to fund my child’s education?

Author: Mock Webware |

Yes, you can take distributions from your IRAs for qualifying education expenses without having to pay the 10% additional tax penalty. You may owe income tax on at least part of the amount distributed, but not the additional penalty. The amount of the distribution that is more than the education expense does not qualify for the 10% tax exception.


Back to top of page